General & Medical Health Insurance Overview
General & Medical are long established players in the provision of medical and other specialist insurance services to professionals, businesses and families both within the UK and internationally. Although providing medical insurance remains a core activity for the group, they have developed many other services and insurance products.
General & Medical Health Insurance Review
- General & Medical are not postcode rated
- They provide benefits not available elsewhere (private maternity, cash benefits for boarding pets, parking charges cover is just to name a few)
- They do not operate a No Claims Discount, policies are community rated
- They have been selling PMI in the UK for 30 years
- General & Medical are the preferred provider of the Association of Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland (ASGBI)
- Every policyholder is allocated a dedicated Health & Care and Support Specialist contact who is not only dealing with midterm adjustments but also claims
- On some General and Medical plans there is a cap on cancer treatment, to make sure you have the right options please get in touch.
- If you limit your outpatient cover with General and Medical by selecting any Everyday or Essentials plan you will have restrictions on your outpatient cover that you may exceed at point of claim, whereas other providers like AXA PPP, Health-on-Line and Vitality will cover these in full with a limited out-patient option.
- When considering General and Medical as an option please check with your advisor that the hospital list you are taking is sufficient for your needs as there are 3 different lists and they are all considerably different.
General & Medical Policies
The Essential policies provide you with a vital level cover. You’ll have fast access to an initial consultation and diagnostic test relating to an in-patient admission.
The Essential Plus is an upgrade and gives you access to cancer treatments, palliative treatment and hospice care.
Everyday gives you access to in-patient benefits but it includes an essential level of cover for the treatment of cancer that increases for each of the first five years of your membership, if you don’t make a claim for cancer. In addition, within certain limits, there is out-patient cover for therapies, complementary medicine and cardiovascular conditions. Cash benefits for life and critical illness are also included.
Upgrade to Everyday Plus and you’ll get higher limits for out-patient benefits and more comprehensive cover for therapies and
complementary medicine. More importantly, Everyday Plus provides in-patient cover for cardiovascular conditions and a higher level of cover for the treatment of cancer that increases for each of the first five years of your membership, if you don’t make a claim for cancer.
Lifestyle cover is designed to give you and your family full cover for any in-patient admissions as well as enhanced cancer cover and outpatient benefits. You will also benefit from exclusive offers and discounts on luxury products, services and experiences.
Lifestyle Plus cover gives you all the benefits of Lifestyle but with higher limits for out-patient benefits, cover for a private ambulance and home nursing. There are also cash benefits included for personal accident and temporary disablement. Lifestyle Plus also provides you with medical cover outside of the UK.
In addition to all of the benefits included in our Essentials, Everyday and Lifestyle products, Elite provides cover for routine dental services, optical services, private GP services and prescription costs.
* Findings are based on 49 clients, over the last 3 months who already had a live policy in place.
GET QUOTES OR ADVICE
Healthcare Clarity is a General & Medical intermediary. We are authorised by the financial conduct authority (FCA) to give clients advise on private medical insurance plans. Our service is free to clients and we are paid a percentage commission on the business placed with the health insurer. This does not mean you will pay more by using our service.