The Exeter Health Insurance Overview
The Exeter are PMI specialists who have a strong history of paying claims – they have been in business since 1928 and were recently rated the top health insurer provider in a leading consumer magazine’s survey of 830 policyholders. They are also 5 Stars on Trustpilot, rated Excellent.
In addition to this The Exeter are a mutual society meaning they don’t have any shareholders to pay, which enables them to reinvest the profits back into the business for the benefit of their members.
The Exeter Health Insurance Review
- Healthwise – As a member of The Exeter, you and your family will have access to HealthWise, our member benefits service.
HealthWise is designed to help keep you healthy and happy every day. It offers quick and convenient medical advice as well as treatments that can be accessed from anywhere in the world through our HealthWise app on either a smartphone or tablet.
What’s more, HealthWise can be used without the need to claim on your policy meaning it won’t affect your premiums or any No Claims Discount.
- Discounts for families – they can add their partner or children for a reduced price, making cover more affordable.
- The Exeter don’t think anyone should ever be in two minds about claiming, so they take a tiered approach to the No Claims Discount which keeps it fairer for everyone. This means that you are moved up or down the NCD scale at renewal depending on the value of your claims, and for claims under £300 you won’t move down any levels – with The Exeter you can also protect your NCD or remove it completely (non-switchers only), providing a range of options to suit your needs.
- The Exeter are one of the few providers that offer a community rated option as an alternative to the traditional No Claims Discount. This premium structure where future premiums reflect the claims made by a wider pool of customers, not individual claims made only by members under this policy.
- Well priced against the other main providers on the market.
- When limiting your outpatient cover with The Exeter to reduce the premium, this will also limit some outpatient scans and tests, whereas other providers like AXA PPP, Health-on-Line and Vitality will cover these in full with a limited outpatient option.
The Exeter Health Insurance Policy
Rated 5 Stars by Defaqto Health+ quality, modular health insurance product that lets you get the balance right between your needs and your budget, without compromising the quality of your care.
- Consultant and specialist fees
- Diagnostic tests
- Hospital charges (including any necessary medical aids or
- CT, MRI and PET scans, including professional fees where
- Out-patient surgery
- Up to three sessions of post-operative physiotherapy
- Cover for all stages of cancer once diagnosed, including palliative and terminal treatment, with no time or financial limit
Additional Add On’s
- Out-patient cover – specialist consultation fees and
- Therapies cover – treatment by a Physiotherapist, Chiropractor,
Osteopath, Acupuncturist, Podiatrist, Speech therapist, Pain
clinic or Dietician (maximum of two consultations)
- Mental health – treatment as an in-patient, day-patient or
out-patient. In-patient and day-patient cover limited to 28
days of treatment and hospital charges.
- A choice of three hospital lists, Essential, Standard and Extended
- A No Claims Discount, where you’ll earn discounts on your
premiums if you stay healthy and don’t claim
- A choice of excess options, which apply to each member in
each policy year
- A choice of underwriting options, whether you’re switching
from another insurer or new to health insurance.
- Private ambulance
- Home nursing
- Parental accommodation
- Hospice donation
- NHS cash benefit – £150 per night for up to 30 nights
- As a member of The Exeter, you have access to membership
benefits that offer you additional care and support.
* Findings are based on 49 clients, over the last 3 months who already had a live policy in place.
GET QUOTES OR ADVICE
Healthcare Clarity is an intermediary for The Exeter. We are authorised by the financial conduct authority (FCA) to give clients advise on private medical insurance plans. Our service is free to clients and we are paid a percentage commission on the business placed with the health insurer. This does not mean you will pay more by using our service.