Does Private Health Insurance
Cover GP Visits?
Getting a GP appointment is not always easy, but some private medical insurance providers now cover GP services. This means that anyone with insurance in place can see a private doctor at their convenience, rather than face potentially long NHS waiting lists.
What Does Health Insurance
With a Private GP Cover?
Some health insurance providers automatically include access to a private GP, while others offer this as an add-on. In addition to face-to-face appointments, there are also competitors providing digital GP services, letting you attend consultations from wherever you are.
What is the Best Private
GP Health Insurance?
This depends on your unique requirements. Private face-to-face appointments could be sufficient if you live near an eligible GP surgery, whereas digital consultations maybe essential if you have a busy job or family commitments. The best policy will also depend on whether you require a joint, family, company or individual cover.
Whatever your situation, Healthcare Clarity can find the best private GP insurance for your needs. We compare policies from all UK providers, and offer free, expert advice to help you get the healthcare you need for the most affordable price.
Private Health Insurance Key Terms
We are here to help you understand the main concepts you’ll come across in your private health insurance policy.
Why Switch Your
Private Health Insurance Provider?
Even if you already have private health insurance, there are many reasons why you should consider changing your provider:
By switching provider, you can:
* Findings are based on 49 clients, over the last 3 months who already had a live policy in place.
Private GP FAQ's
Here are some examples of private GP cover from leading UK providers:
- Vitality: Online GP appointments and video consultations are included as core cover on all plans.
- AXA PPP: Access to their [email protected] feature under their extended cover option for video or phone GP appointments. They also cover up to £500 per policy year to visit a private GP for in-person consultations.
- The Exeter: Phone and video consultations with an experienced UK-based GP are available via their Healthwise app.
- Freedom Health: Covers £300 worth of private GP consultations per policy year under their Elite policy.
Age, location, level of cover, and the number of people on the policy are just a few factors that will impact the cost, and we can’t provide an exact figure without this information. Just get a free quote and we will secure the best private health insurance with GP cover for your budget.
Yes, you are free to turn to NHS services after your private GP appointment if you wish. However, you can also use additional private medical services covered by your policy.